EDUC 5008 Transition to Professional Practice: Presentations, workshops, seminars, symposia, and other events to support field experiences, practica, and specialty areas of study. These include Ministry, College, and Federation presentations, career and job preparation activities, and research, leadership, and other projects. Half days weekly, years one and two of the B.Ed. program.
EDUC 5008Q T2P is scheduled on Tuesday afternoons, alternating each week with the Master Teacher Mentor meetings. (These typically do not show accurately in the Weekly Schedule in the Student Centre so remember to hold Tuesday afternoons throughout years 1 & 2 of the BEd.)
For 2020-21, we are following these principals when scheduling T2P events:
- All events will be virtual. We’re prioritizing flexibility and are working to schedule asynchronous or blended events whenever it is feasible for the presenter.
- There will be a select few mandatory T2P events that are required for accreditation. Please expect to spend two to three Tuesday afternoons in mandatory T2P events.
- There will be a variety of supplementary events addressing important topics that you can choose to attend based on your professional learning goals.
- The schedule will be added to as the year progresses to ensure the programming is responsive to timely topics in the profession, instructor course progression, teacher candidate requests and school board suggestions.
- All T2P events will incorporate Learning Goals, Success Criteria and a Check for Understanding in an effort to model best practice and communicate the event’s focus.
- After attending an event, you can add it to your Western Co-Curricular Record (WCCR) for official recognition.
The T2P schedule can be found at WesternT2P.ca