2020–2021 BEd Academic Calendars
UPDATE Feb 17/21: The Ministry of Education has changed the provincial March Break to April 12-16, 2021.
*These calendars do not include the adjusted Practicum 2 timeline or new March Break. Please refer to email communications from the Practicum Team re: timeline adjustments made in response to COVID-19
2021-2022 BEd Academic Calendars
BEd Program Overview
- BEd Program Overview – Primary/Junior
- BEd Program Overview – Junior/Intermediate
- BEd Program Overview – Intermediate/Senior
Course Details and Program Competencies
Receiving your Course Schedule
Teacher Candidates are enrolled in their courses by the Teacher Education Office. Throughout the summer we work to build your timetable in a logical and optimal way, strategically scheduling sections to best meet your timetable needs.
Course schedules are typically finalized two to three weeks before the start of class. You will be notified by email once your schedule is ready for viewing.
While we build the timetable, you may see courses in your schedule. Consider these “in-progress” and subject to change until you receive an email notifying you that your schedule is ready for viewing.
Viewing your Course Schedule
Visit the Western Student Center to view your schedule:
TIP: Since the first week of class includes a Monday holiday, you must look at the second week of class to see your full schedule. Second term courses are visible be scrolling to January.
- EDUC 5008 Transition to Professional Practice is a full-year professional development series that continues through Years 1 and 2. The schedule varies and will be shared via OWL (it is not accurately reflected in your Weekly Schedule).
- EDUC 5013 Research and Assessment is a full-year course that continues through Years 1 and 2. The schedule varies and will be shared via OWL (it is not accurately reflected in your Weekly Schedule).
- Any courses delivered completely asynchronously (no day/time scheduled) will be listed in the “Class List” underneath your Weekly Schedule.
Teacher Candidates should review the BEd Program Overview documents to ensure they are completing all of their program required courses.
Adjusting your Course Schedule
Would you like to request changes to your schedule?
Add/drop will be possible, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) during the first week of classes (September 7-10 for Year 1, November 1-5 for Year 2).
We will work with you to make changes as possible within class size restrictions.