Please note that suggestions related to specialty areas of study are not a guarantee of approval; final approval depends on the individual AFE proposal and the connections made between your AFE and specialty area.
For application instructions, visit the International AFEs page
Year 2 AFE 1: Proposals & Supporting Documents Due August 31
The following AFE opportunities are for Fall 2018: November 26 to December 14, unless otherwise noted.
- ATLAS – Teach in Spain (ends December 21) – Closed for Fall 2018
- Dominican Republic – Community Engaged Learning in Monte Cristi
- Overview – Teacher Training at ILA – Closed for Fall 2018
Year 2 AFE 2: Proposals & Supporting Documents Due November 1
The following AFE opportunities are for Spring 2019. Please note some locations offer adjusted timelines due to local holidays.
- Spain– Absolute Internship (Program Brochure Here) – April 23 – May 24, 2019
- England– Aurelia Education – April 29 – May 24, 2019
- France*– FSL Teacher Training Program at ILA – April 1 – April 27 (Note: April 22 is a holiday)
- France – Exchange (French Specialty Cohort Only; French Immersion Recommended) – April 24 to May 22, 2019
- Kuwait– ACA Kuwait (TC Interest Form) – April 3 – May 2, 2019
*link updated Oct19, 2018
**link updated Oct21, 2018 with week by week schedule
It is recommended that for French language experiences, the TC AFE Profile be completed in French.
Note: Typically, travel is 1-2 days before placement. TCs must wait to receive confirmation from the host organization before booking flights (in a few cases the host organization may book teacher candidates’ flights)
+ TIPS ON LIVING AND TEACHING ABROAD FOR YOUR AFE
Applying for an international AFE? Check out these resources…
- Resources for Teaching Languages
- Comments from Previous TCs
- Western International GO Awards
- Safety Abroad
This page was last updated on 12-October-2018.