Most Ontario school boards post teaching positions (occasional, long-term, and permanent) via Apply to Education. You will need to create an account to view and apply for these positions. You can begin this process any time!
Applications open at varying times depending on the school board. Many will begin posting for fall occasional teaching by April/May.
- Visit Apply to Education
- Click on Create an Account
- Select the statement: “I am registering as an External applicant or Occasional Employee”
- Select your Position Category (e.g. ‘Teachers, Principals & Superintendents’)
- Fill out your personal information and create a username and password
- Type the verification code and say ‘YES’ to the terms of agreement and click on the ‘Register’ button
- To apply for job postings and make your Portfolio visible, go to the Purchase Credits section and pay the $12 annual fee
- Once the credit is applied to your account, you are required to complete your Portfolio before applying to any job posting
To apply to a job posting…
- Search jobs under the Job Postings tab, click on Search Jobs
- Click on the Position name for a posting you wish to apply to
- Scroll to the bottom of the posting and answer any job related questions
- Click the Apply button
Note: You can upload a resume and cover letter specific to the posting before you click the Apply button. Once a posting has closed you will not be able to update your application and/or uploaded documents.