Teacher Candidates are responsible for securing their own Alternative Field Experience.
When there are valuable opportunities that require a minimum number of participants, the Teacher Education Office will coordinate Faculty-Arranged opportunities.
Below are the Faculty-Arranged Opportunities currently available in Canada:
Trois-Pistoles, Quebec – April 2019
- Experiential learning practicum in French language teaching
- Two weeks are spent in a French-language classroom and another two are spent in the community completing volunteer work
- Program cost of $1875 – bursaries are available
- Minimum 5 teacher candidates required, up to a maximum of 25
- For full details, review the Trois-Pistoles Summary Sheet
Applying for a Faculty-Arranged Domestic AFE
- Review the Faculty-Arranged Domestic AFE Opportunities for locations and application deadlines
- Submit an AFE Proposal online, clearly articulating your goals and interest in the opportunity
- Submit any supporting documents that are listed on the summary sheet (ex. resume, cover letter, Interest Form) to the BEd Program Coordinator (email@example.com)