This information is for BEd Class of 2019.
For BEd Class of 2020 AFE information, visit OWL > AFE – Alt Field Experience
2018-19 Important Dates
AFE Fall 2018 – November 26 to December 14, 2018
- Final Report Due – December 17, 2018
AFE Spring 2019 – April 1 – 26, 2019
- AFE Supervisor’s Final Report Due April 29, 2019
(Teacher Candidate’s Final Report must be submitted before the Supervisor has access to submit their Final Report)
What to write in your AFE Final Report…
In order for you to have enough to reflect on in your teaching practice (and upcoming courses after AFE 1), you can reflect on the following prompts:
- How did your experience affect your perspective on teaching?
- What examples can you give from your experience that relate to what you’ve learned about yourself as a teacher?
Remember that these responses will help guide you when preparing for interviews for teaching or education positions in the future. Most teacher candidates need about 75 words to fully develop each response (but the content is more important than the word count).
AFE Proposal and Report Guide – includes rubrics, outlines and examples
How to submit your AFE Final Report…
- Complete the Digital AFE Final Report here!
- A copy will be emailed to you, your AFE Supervisor and the Teacher Education Office. You are responsible for ensuring your AFE Supervisor receives their copy.
We suggest submitting the AFE Final Report during a few days before the end of the AFE so you can confirm in-person that your Supervisor received their email and completed their Report.
- Watch for your Teacher Candidate’s AFE Final Report to be emailed to you
- Click on the link in the email to complete the AFE Supervisor’s Final Report (approx. 10 minutes)
- A copy will be emailed to you, your Teacher Candidate and the Teacher Education Office
Prefer to use a printed copy of the report? Use these:
- AFE Final Report – Teacher Candidate’s Portion
- AFE Final Report – Supervisor’s Portion (PDF)
- AFE Final Report – Supervisor’s Portion, French (PDF)
Loved your AFE Host? Share the love!
Nominate them for the “AFE Supervisor’s Award for Excellence”!