Seeking Summer Day Camp Directors for: Sports, Arts and Drama & Dance Camps
Capital Camps is a Day Camp run out of several facilities in Orleans. What started as a small tennis camp, has grown into a multi-camp organization aimed at connecting kids with sports and arts, all the while making friends and feeling good about themselves. Each summer we see over 1600 kids excel at football, tennis, cheerleading, art, drama and more. Our counsellors are carefully selected and are held to a high standard. We believe in the power of camp, and the influence that counsellors have on a young person’s life.
Major Duties for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and preparing weekly activities that relate to the theme of the camp
- Teaching various disciplines that relate to the camp you have been hired for (sports, arts, dance & drama)
- Organizing daily warmup events
- Work as part of a team to deliver a safe, fun, creative environment for day camp participants each and every day
- Assist in the direct supervision and mentorship of camp counsellors
- Build positive relationships with participants, parents, guardians, co-workers
- Liaise & communicate with parents who have questions/concerns regarding the program and working with the Capital Camps supervisor to resolve any issues
Successful candidates will:
- Have experience participating in and/or teaching the discipline their camp focuses on (sports, arts or drama & dance)
- Be encouraging, spontaneous and creative
- Believe in the power of camp
- Hold current CPR/First Aid
- Be a registered member with the Ontario College of Teachers (asset) or currently enrolled in teachers college
- Have 3 + years of programming/childcare experience
- Strong knowledge of age-appropriate activities for children ages 4 to 12 years
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with children & adults
Supervision and Reporting Structure: The camp director is responsible for supervising 3-5 camp counsellors. Each camp director reports to the Head Director/Owner.
Compensation:will commensurate with experience- range $700 – 900/weekly
Schedule of Work: July 2 – Aug 23.
Interested Candidates can send their Resume and Cover letter to Aaron Shaughnessy at email@example.com