Summer DAY Camp Unit Head Job Available – Camp Riverwood in Pickering, ON
For OVER 10 years Camp Riverwood has been providing outdoor day camp experiences for children ages 4 to 14 years old.
We are currently looking to hire A FEW exceptional candidates to fill the position of Summer Camp Unit Head. This person MUST possess strong organizational and leadership skills, an interest in working with children and teenagers, creativity and loads of enthusiasm.
Unit heads will be responsible for the effective management of a unit at camp, consisting of a large group of staff (25-35) and campers (80-100) of a given age group. This includes the training, supervising and daily management of staff. Unit heads will be directly and actively involved in the care, well-being and activities of the children. Unit heads will be responsible for planning, organizing, and programming unit events, as well as camp wide events. Unit heads will also be liaising with parents regarding camper issues, questions and concerns.
Skills, Interests and Qualifications required:
If you are a teacher, currently in Teacher’s College, have an ECE qualification or have previously been a unit head at a camp, then you are someone that we would like to talk to. Previous camp experience, program planning or leadership experience is an advantage. The candidate must have their own car.
• Location : 1100 Whites Rd, Pickering, ON (PETTICOAT CREEK CONSERVATION AREA)
• Hours of Employment : 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Days : Monday through Friday
• Dates : July 8 to August 30, 2019 (end date flexible)
• However, the Unit Head MUST be available for several weekend meetings in May and June and some independent part-time work at home during the spring months.
• Transportation : You MUST have your own car as there is no public transportation available to our location
• Please note that privately run day camps are exempt from the Ontario Minimum Wage Law and we pay a competitive camp Unit Head salary.
• Salary Range: $4200.00 – $4500.00 for the entire length of the contract. See dates above.
Visit us at www.campriverwood.com/staff to complete an online staff application. In the application please choose “Unit Head” in the Position
Job Type: Contract
Phil Faibish, Operations Manager, Camp Riverwood
(905) 428-0042, campriverwood.com