See yourself grow as a paid summer intern in the early years and build your career
- Position: Summer Internship Educators
(approximately 30 positions available)
- Location: London, Sarnia, Huron County
- Schedule: $16.50 an hour, 35-40 hr/week, Monday-Friday
- Dates: Internships run May to August 31, 2019; start dates may vary based on the needs of the centres. (Supply opportunities available sooner as well)
Put theory into practice while nurturing curious minds and kind hearts. At London Bridge we value lifelong learning, development and collaboration. You will be aligned with a mentor as you work in a childcare centre as a full-time classroom educator; you will develop valuable, transferable skills. Your voice and ideas will make a difference as you build relationships with children, families and colleagues through daily interactions.
At London Bridge, we nurture curious minds and kind hearts by providing and promoting early learning. Our innovative culture values our youngest citizens, engages educators, partners with families, and strengthens community. There is a joy and optimism in our collaborative approach to early learning. As an organization, we are committed to growing an emergent curriculum supported by pedagogical leaders. Our educators receive mentoring, invitations for lifelong learning, and the time and space to reflect on children’s play experiences.
You believe that children are competent, capable, natural explorers of their world. You envision your role as a facilitator; to be successful you need to be curious alongside children, and reflective with your colleagues. You continuously work to deepen your understanding of the culture you create inside a classroom. You are committed to your professional and personal growth. You bring the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled (or recent grad) in Early Childhood Education or BEd, BSW, SSW, DSW, CYC, CYF, CSI (or other professional helping field)
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and curiosity
- Ability to share your ideas and engage in conversations that seek other perspectives
- Interest in emergent curriculum and building playful, learning experiences
- Find joy in working with children and families
- Resourceful, passionate, and value relationships and communication