Posting will remain open until 12:00 PM, Monday, May 14, 2018
Gilbert Paterson Middle School provides a learning experience that promotes the development of academic, social and emotional, physical, and artistic attributes unique to early adolescence. We are committed to a secure, positive, challenging and exploratory approach in cooperation with parents and community.” We believe:
All students are capable of learning.
All students and staff have the right to learn and work in a safe, nurturing environment that supports their individual strengths and needs.
Our students and staff will recognize and appreciate the similarities as well as respect the differences among individuals and cultures.
The school promotes academic excellence by meeting the goals and objectives prescribed by Alberta Education.
Our school must foster the desire for life-long learning.
Our students must have the opportunity to participate in physical activities and to explore the practical and fine arts.
The integration of technology is valuable for teachers and learners.
Parents, students, staff and community are all stakeholders in education and must be mutually supportive in order to ensure a satisfying, productive and affirming school environment.
Students must take ultimate responsibility for their behavior. Stakeholders must work together to support appropriate social behavior and to foster independent decision-making, problem-solving and responsible self-discipline.
School staff should have the opportunity for collaborative decision-making and professional development. For more information on Gilbert Paterson, please visit the school’s website at http://gp.lethsd.ab.ca/About.php
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Grade Middle School French Immersion Teacher to teach Math, Science and Technology that is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
• Fluent in spoken and written French is a requirement.
• Possess strong teaching skills; including the areas of numeracy and ability to teach science using a hands on, project based approach.
• Willingness and desire to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment and be involved in all aspects of the school community required.
• A commitment to team planning and strong organization and communication skills required.
• Ability to integrate technology and the ICT outcomes into the regular program and the ability to teach technology based option courses would be an asset.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name