1:00 to 2:30 pm | Auditorium
Reception into the Teaching Profession: The Faculty of Education will formally induct the class of 2019 as Teacher Candidates at Western University and Associate Members of the Ontario Teachers’ Federation.
Preparation: Read about the promises you will be asked to make:
- Academic Integrity and Ethical Conduct, Western Education
- Excerpts from We the Teachers of Ontario, Ontario Teachers’ Federation
- Standards of Practice and Ethical Guidelines, Ontario College of Teachers
- Business casual dress required
- Signed Pledge Card must be brought
- Cell phones must be turned off during the ceremony
Guests are welcome!
3:15 to 4:00 pm | Auditorium
Classroom Technologies: Prepare for practicum by learning about important classroom technologies (rescheduled from Sept26)
Attendance will be taken and those who attend will receive a Workshop Certificate. Please bring your Western Student Card! We will take attendance via student card swipe, to ensure quick and accurate Workshop Certificates.