Please note the following schedule for this Friday’s Embracing Diversity day (8:00am – 12 noon):
8:00– 9:00: Scan In, Faculty of Education Library Display (library)
9:10 – 10:15 Keynote Speaker — Leroy Hibbert
Participants will explore the importance of having a comprehensive understanding of culturally and racially diverse communities and be provided with tools that make for a more inclusive community.
Leroy Hibbert lives in London, Ontario, Canada is married to an extraordinary woman named Helen and they have a wonderful daughter.
He is presently employed at LUSO Community Services as the Multicultural Outreach Coordinator and his responsibilities include facilitating workshops, presentations and training on race relations, cultural diversity and awareness to youth, parents, professionals and community groups in the non profit and profit sectors. In addition to these activities Leroy is a member of the Thames Valley District School and London District Catholic School Board’s Safe Schools committee, The London Black History Coordinating Committee, the Coaching Boys into Men Committee and The Pledge Committee.
10:30 – 12:00: Workshop Choice (registration is now available at
Workshop choices will include:
- Embracing Musical Landscapes in the Classroom
- Diversity Conversations: Embracing Diversity of New Canadians in Your Classroom
- Settlement Workers in Schools
- Windows & Mirrors: Building a diverse book collection for your classroom
- YOU (Youth Opportunities Limited)
- Western’s English Language Centre – Student Panel
- Working with Diverse Groups of Students at Public Schools in London
- A Principal’s Perspective