Obtaining Your Police Check

A police record check (which must include Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required before you can go out for practicum.

If you were born after January 14, 1986, we recommend that you obtain your police check through the OESC website at http://www.backcheck.net/oesc/. Look for the “College/University Placements” section of the website. It is a good idea to request both the ID card and the written form in the event that you misplace one of them. If you meet this date requirement, this is the only check you need to do.

If you were born before January 14, 1986, you will need to obtain a police check through your local police service. Some police services require a letter from us or a form to be completed by us before the check can be completed. If you require a letter/form, please contact eduwo@uwo.ca.

During the registration/orientation days on August 29 and 30, we will be validating and collecting police checks. Please bring both your original and a copy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: